Tom “Coach” Nichols is recognized for results in high-performance sales and marketing models. His strong competencies span all areas of the organization with a unique talent for identifying strategies, communicating vision, developing tactical plans, generating and selling ideas and motivating and empowering teams and clients to achieve new levels of quantifiable success.
Award-Winning Sales Professional
Ready to Take Your Team to the Next Level
North American Home/HWAAccount Representative
Columbus, Ohio – November 2011 – Present
- Drive sales of HWA warranty products through REALTOR channel.
- 2015 revenue approached $1,500,000 for Columbus territory. 2016 first quarter pace is similar to first four years.
- Seen annual revenue growth of between 90% and 110% in each of first four full years of employment.
- Over 450 REALTORS in my territory ordered from HWA for the very first time in 2015.
- Lead, coach, mentor and train a team of fellow field sales representatives from around country to achieve their goals.
- Won multiple awards from HWA for sales and personal achievement.
NCI/The Real Estate Book Associate Publisher/Acct Manager
Columbus, Ohio – May 2008 – November 2011
- Sold print and digital media advertising to REALTORS and affiliated businesses in Central Ohio territory in nationally branded advertising magazine, The Real Estate Book. As well, sold private label product to various Real Estate Brokerages.
- Increased revenue and lowered costs resulting in improved gross margin and achieved annual growth of over 30% on over $700,000 in sales during last 12 months.
- Recognized for efforts and achievements through numerous awards for Top Salesperson, Top Growth and Commitment to Excellence, among others.
- Bargain Network, Inc National Account Manager – Boca Raton, Florida/Columbus, Ohio Dec 2006 – May 2008
Sold digital media advertising and targeted lead-generation websites to REALTORS and Financial Services Companies.
- Generated revenue in excess of $400,000 in final 12 months with an acquisition ratio of just under 25% of our expenditure.
- Created a scalable product and selling strategy at the direction of company’s owner with the expressed intention of finding a suitor to acquire company. Mission accomplished when Bargain Network, Inc. purchased Real Estate Information Services in early 2008.
Bargain Network, Inc./Accounts Manager
Boca Raton, Florida – December 2006 – June 2008
- Sold advertising on a variety of websites and the targeted leads that those sites produced.
- Generated revenue in excess of $400,000 with an acquisition ratio under 25% of expenditure.
- Created a scalable product and selling strategy with the anticipation of company being acquired.
- Efforts led to Real Estate Information Services being acquired by Bargain Network, Inc.
Recomm, Ltd./Accounts Manager
Columbus, Ohio – July 2002 – October 2006
- Recruited to generate new revenue through addition of pages to a single publication model.
- Added additional publication for regional real estate brokerage.
- Tripled the number of pages sold and generated revenue to match.
- Implemented use of contracts to develop long-term commitments in exchange for “contract pricing”.
- Developed new revenue stream of highly profitable Internet advertising.
Ohio University – 1988
Affiliate of the Year – 2015
Women’s Council of Realtors, Columbus Ohio
“Tom has always proven to be a top notch representative. Tom has a dedication to his work and his customers like no other. He has terrific follow through and is very proactive and ready to go above and beyond to help his customers with any needs that they have. His goal has always been to make the customer happy and deliver a high quality advertisement to the consumer. I would highly recommend working with Tom Nichols!”
Real Estate Professional
An Asset To Any Company
“Tom’s abilities to overcome obstacles with a client’s apprehension to purchase a product are most likely his best attribute. He has the ability to understand where the client is coming from but is able to alter that view to allow the product to be sold. His devotion to go that proverbial “extra mile” for the client’s well being is first-rate. Tom was instrumental in the development of new business while preserving existing clients. He was willing to do whatever it took to get the job done. He was an absolute dream sales manager to have as our leader of the sales force and would be a stupendous asset to any company.”
Director of Sales
“Tom was a strong performer at Corporate Sales Micro Center. His presentation skills are a real strength. He has the ability to grab the attention of his audience and persuasively convey his message. Tom listens to his clients and develops custom solutions to fit their needs, while maintaining profitability for his company. Tom has a true understanding of the sales process and his integrity and professionalism enable him to build longer lasting relationships with his clients.”
Business Technology Consultant
Additional Contact Info:
1973 Inchcliff Road Columbus, Ohio 43221